VISAS IN AUSTRALIA
OTHER VISA OPTIONS
We all have different goals and dreams of professional and personal improvement. One of the main attractions of Australia is its wealth of opportunities for you to achieve your goals.
If you want to grow professionally and live the experience of studying, you can opt for a student visa that also gives you the option of working 20 hours per week. For more information you can visit Study in Australia. How to start this adventure
If your dream is to know a country with vibrant landscapes and rich in cultures, you can choose the tourist visa. Learn more about this type of visa in Travel to Australia. An unforgettable experience.
If your goal is to work in Australia, the type of visa you can obtain will depend on how long you want to stay and you will likely need to have an occupation list issued by the Immigration Department. Here is the list of the different visa options that could help you to be in Australia working: https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-finder/work#
If your goal to work and live in Australia on a more permanent basis, we recommend that, before making a final decision, you approach a registered immigration agent so they can provide you with timely help. My OzStudy Student Agency has the external support “Valiant Migration Consultancy” (MARN: 1798592).
If your goal is to migrate to Australia to become a permanent resident, the three most common ways to achieve this is by obtaining:
- A permanent visa through a relative
- A permanent visa through a job
- Permanent visa for business or investments.
It is extremely important that you verify that you meet the requirements at the time of application. If your visa has a “no more stay” condition attached, you cannot stay in Australia beyond the period specified on your visa to apply for permanent residence. Here is the list of the different visa options that could help you to be in Australia as a permanent resident: https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/permanent-resident/visa-options
If you are already in Australia and want to stay longer, you need to apply for a new visa to legally stay in the country. Remember to check the expiration date and conditions of your visa and apply for a visa before your current visa expires.
Here we leave you some information that could be of help:
- Always keep in mind the expiration date and conditions of your visa. This information can be verified in the approved visa letter from the Immigration Department or also in the VEVO.
- If you apply for a new visa before your current visa expires, usually the Immigration Department will issue you a Bridiging visa A (BVA). This visa keeps you legal in Australia until you have the final answer for your new visa application. With the BVA you should not leave Australia. If you want to travel you must apply for a Bridging visa B (BVB) after the BVA is granted.
- If your visa has expired, your options for applying for a new visa are limited. Be very careful! Since you become illegal if you stay in Australia without a valid visa.