STUDY IN AUSTRALIA
HOW TO START THIS ADVENTURE
There are experiences in life that leave us deeply marked and that make us grow as people and professionals. Experiences that remain in our memory and that help us to be better, happier and more human. Definitely studying in Australia is one of these experiences!
Australia has become an attraction for international students because of the different options it offers through more than 1,200 educational institutions and the opportunity that the Australian government provides by allowing work and study at the same time.
If you dare to live this adventure, here are some useful information on how to start the visa process.
With the Student visa 500 you can:
- Study an eligible course in Australia. (Eligible course means it has a CRICOS code)
- Travel in and out of Australia
- Work 20 hours per week once your course has started.
- Have an extra period of 1 or two months after your studies so that you can visit and get to know any place in Australia.
- Bring your family members with you (partner or children under 18 years of age, for more information we invite you to click here)
- You can apply outside of Australia or within the country. If you are within Australia you must have a valid substantive eligible visa.
REQUIREMENTS TO APPLY FOR A STUDENT VISA IN AUSTRALIA
- Be over 18 years old (if you are under 18 years old, you must have the appropriate welfare arrangements following the instructions of the immigration department)
- Be enrolled in a registered full-time educational program (CRICOS) at a school, college or university who will provide evidence through a Letter of Confirmation of Enrollment or CoE (Confirmation of Enrollment)
- English level: depending on the studies you are going to take, the school may request that you take an exam before accepting your application to determine your command of the language.
- Have an insurance policy that covers the entire period of your stay in Australia.
- Have enough money for your stay in Australia (To see how much money you need to have for the cost of living, your course and travel expenses, go to “Gather documents in the ´Step by Step”)
Como documentos básicos necesitas presentar
- Official identification documents: passport (mandatory), birth certificate, national identification
- CoE (Confirmation of Enrollment)
- GTE (Genuine temporary Entrant letter) or letter of reasons where you explain why you want to study in Australia.
- Proof of completed studies such as: baccalaureate or high school diploma, bachelor’s degree, master’s degree and / or doctorate, of various courses.
- Depending on your country of origin, the Australian Immigration Department may request:
- Biometric fingerprints
- Medical examinations
COST AND DURATION
Currently, the cost of the visa is $ 620 AUD for the main applicant, regardless of its duration. You must take into account that when using the card as a payment method, there may be an additional charge. Likewise, there is a charge for each family member that applies as a dependent of your visa. To calculate the cost of your visa you can use the Visa Price Estimator but consider that this estimator does not take into account additional costs.
Regarding the duration, this will depend on the duration of your course plus the corresponding vacations that the Immigration Department can grant, which can go from 1 month to 2 months after the end of your last course. It should be noted that the Immigration Department reserves the right to grant this extra period for the duration of your visa.
It is very important that you are always well informed and therefore we also recommend that you visit the official sources of the Australian Immigration Department (Department of Home Affairs)